IS IT REALLY ATTENTION PROBLEMS?

I wanted to tell a short story today about a fairly new student I have. He came to me, 4th grader, with mom worrying about being told that he had attention problems, and maybe that he needed to see someone to help with that. I always do a free consultation, so I talked with mom and the student and got him set up to come and see me twice a week. I wanted to work with him myself to see exactly what was going on with this sweet child.

His first day he came, and started working right away. I helped him through his math and it was very apparent to me that one thing that he needed was help understanding the math terms in the problems he was working on. It is hard to do a math problem when you don't understand the question. We went over the names of angles, and shapes, and reviewed some clock problems, and before you know it, the hour was over. We had worked through the whole hour, and surprise, surprise, no attention problems. He was right with me the whole hour. Even better, he was happy and smiling at the end of the hour, and didn't want to leave.
That has continued and each time he comes, he learns more and more and gets less and less confused.

His mom, of course, asked me what I thought about his "problem", and I told her that I did not see that problem. Yes, he needed help, but only to help him clear up and understand his schoolwork. She was relieved, of course. Unfortunately, this happens with my students a great deal of the time. Confusion, not understanding, and feeling overwhelmed creates things that look like attention problems. Too much, too fast, for example, in math, can devastate a child. Symptoms of this can be bad behavior, dullness, won't do their homework, and even sickness. Stomach aches, headaches, and generally not feeling well can occur because of feeling lost in a subject. Not wanting to go to school, is a big one!

Remedies, let's see!  If your child is drowning in a subject, talk with him. Ask him or her when he felt good about the subject! When was math okay! You may be surprised at the answer! I asked a little boy that question who was in 3rd grade, regarding his reading, and he told me the last time he liked reading was in kindergarten!  That will be your start point. Go back and see where your sweetheart went off the rails. Slowly check what he has learned from that point forward. Watch his or her face! You will get your answers from there also! When you a get a happy, relaxed little face and demeanor, you have hit the jackpot! It may take some time to accomplish this, but it is so worth it!  One of the most beautiful sites there is, is a child who has that glow of understanding and feels so good about themselves.

As always, I am here for questions and concerns. Below is my contact information. I would love to hear from you.

Patt Condiotti
Pattschats

16 Comments to IS IT REALLY ATTENTION PROBLEMS?:

bestessay on Thursday, April 26, 2018 10:57 PM
Get the real solutions to your problem in this place and enjoy the better pace of the fun in this zone. With the help of this you can see the testimonials here and give more attention to the blogs of this place.

Kris Thorkelson on Wednesday, February 6, 2019 11:48 PM
There are many contributors to the field that bring the great value of services to their potential clients. We can find Kris Thorkelson pharmacy company, which are dominating the market of online pharmacy in Canada and the US.

dissertation writing company on Sunday, June 23, 2019 6:53 AM
Health professionals these days are quick to prescribe medication for children who are thought to have behavioral problems. There are cases, such as in the case of the student mentioned above, where the child cannot understand his or her assignment or lesson, and is feeling impatient. Families, especially those with both parents working, don't have enough time to help their children with homework. We don't want to raise a generation of medicated children. Thanks to medical and health professionals like you who are patient in working with students to give them a proper diagnosis.

get food in dragon city on Monday, September 2, 2019 2:40 AM
If you found this guide useful for making Dragon City food, share it online and with your friends in social points games

google on Friday, January 10, 2020 11:15 PM
I am glad to read about such wonderful blog.

proana diet tips on Monday, February 3, 2020 12:56 AM
I mean, nothing rinses toxins more than water. Not only does it keep you hydrated and energized all day, it also fills you enough to reduce your snack pressure and limit your food intake.

rani on Wednesday, February 12, 2020 10:03 AM
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) will declare JNVST Class 6th result 2020 for Jan exam in the month of March. It can be checked online at navodaya.gov.in. To check the result online, candidates require to log in using roll number.JNVST Result 2020 Andhra Pradesh JNVST result can be also be checked by offline mode. Admission is offered to students based on their performance in the entrance test and obtaining minimum qualifying marks in test. Check more information on Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Result 2020 from is page.

james on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 1:09 AM
Ever since I have discovered this platform, I have been using it regularly and can not imagine working without it. The platform is called the pt.altoconvertpdftoword.com and you can easily find it online. What is even more interesting is that, it is free of cost!

Udaipur callgirls on Saturday, March 7, 2020 8:16 AM
Always so interesting to visit your site.What a great info, thank you for sharing. this will help me so much in my learning

Smith on Monday, May 4, 2020 4:51 AM
This blog is very effective and valuable. I am very glad to read your blog. I hope you will soon share your next post about this discussion. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing. Unbeatable deals on interlocking floor mats

안전놀이터 on Sunday, June 7, 2020 3:55 AM
I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page who has shared this wonderful paragraph at at this place

buying a dissertation abstract on Thursday, June 11, 2020 2:40 AM
It's was interesting to read. You did a good job.

ayan on Wednesday, June 24, 2020 6:29 AM
You have performed a great job on this article. It’s very precise and highly qualitative. You have even managed to make it readable and easy to read. You have some real writing talent. Thank you so much. https://www.sunlinemesh.com/

Nike Shoes on Wednesday, June 24, 2020 7:19 PM

https://5euros.eu/service/94446/vous-permettre-d-acheter-des-backlinks-de-qualite-pbn-ultras-puissan on Saturday, July 18, 2020 5:16 PM
Web streamlining implies the path toward making a website continuously perceptible on a web crawler's results page. To clarify, a staggering SEO philosophy will put an association's site at the top of the summary on a Google search page, along these lines improving the likelihood that people will visit the site. https://5euros.eu/service/94446/vous-permettre-d-acheter-des-backlinks-de-qualite-pbn-ultras-puissants

bilal on Wednesday, August 12, 2020 11:17 PM
Positive site, where did u consider the data on this posting? I'm satisfied I imagined that it was in any case, cleared out ask soon to discover what extra posts you join. https://testeurs-outdoor.com/test-new-balance-fuelcell-rebel/