PART 2 Three Things That the School System Doesn't Want You to Know!

I talked about the amount of curriculum that there is to cover in Common Core in my earlier writing, Part1. Touching back a bit on #2, I wanted to say a bit more on the frustration I see everyday with students and their current homework. Math has become very complicated, and many of the questions have 2 and 3 part answers to the question. Algebra is introduced in 4th grade. Many parents have gotten tutors for their children which is great, but what of the parents who can't afford that? I also worry for the students and the increased stress that is put on them with their studies which they do not understand. I had many 4th graders last year in tears as the year before they were A students in math and then when Common Core arrived they were D students and were very distraught over this situation. Is it practical in our world to teach 3 and 4th graders 5 or 6 ways to do a math problem. Isn't time better spent elsewhere in their studies? To make matters worse, parents were taught another type of math and feel equally frustrated that they can't help their children more. I had a comment from a mother on Friday talking about how much she needs to help her son with his homework, just to keep it up. He is a 6th grader. Food for Thought!

#3 In today's curriculum, we have another big change in the style of teaching. It used to be that teaching involved interaction between the students and the teacher. Learning was a two way communication with work done on the board and done a few times until the student grasped the concept. Today's teaching concept is called Lecture Mode. What does this term mean?
Lecture Mode is the teacher lightly talking to the student's about the lesson, assigning homework, and then offering feedback on the student's performance. Little is done to insure that the concepts are understood, partly because time does not allow for more work on a single lesson, due to the large curriculum which needs to be delivered. It is a one way learning method. Think back when you learned something. Did you master it the first time that you were shown it? Take cooking for example, if you are given a recipe and the list of ingredients to make cookies, do you know how to make the cookies without maybe someone standing with you to help you understand and practice  with you? I am the kind of person who likes to see something done a couple of times and have the instructions. That way I feel I can master that skill. I was fortunate enough to teach at a private school where we were very handson with everything. I was the cooking teacher and when we cooked, all the students got to help. They cracked eggs, measured spices, boiled water, and also helped with the cleanup. Very handson. We taught many practical subjects like cooking and cleaning. The students all had point boards to keep track of their weekly production and were rewarded each week if they got a lot done. The students were very happy and very responsible for their own studies.

Well, hope this information helps educate a bit on the changes in the school curriculums. I am happy to answer any questions or concerns. My goal is to help the future generation be the best they can be, in regards to education, health and personal self confidence. Please email me or comment me if wanted.

Pattschats

14 Comments to PART 2 Three Things That the School System Doesn't Want You to Know!:

www.superiorpaperrs.com on Monday, September 17, 2018 4:48 AM
My educational concepts are little different although I agree with this post recently I got to read an article published on writing services online and it was about the educational downfall. It's so informative.

topessaywriting.org review on Sunday, March 10, 2019 8:03 AM
This is a wonderful article on the school system and the way - how they work! I advise, every parent should definitely read it. I agree with all three things specifically with 'Home Work' and the dramatic change in style of teaching. Thanks

freerobuxgenerator.host on Monday, April 1, 2019 11:39 PM
other developers say players should pay for a better experience and that house developers run their homes.

proessayreviews.com on Friday, April 12, 2019 2:26 AM
wow this is really nice blog is stupendous because it renders educational services with splendid maestros. This is so amazing post and i like it very much due to its unique features and contents

sims 4 cheats on Sunday, April 21, 2019 8:59 PM
Let create a new world for yourselft by way take part in the games– sims 4 cheats in my site. Click link to visit site. Thank you so much.

homework for me on Saturday, May 25, 2019 2:44 AM
This is huge to see you back as I was looking anxiously for some best stuff from your end for so long and finally, I got it.

appliancesrepair on Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:23 AM

Whale Watching in Cabo on Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:33 AM

Hearing aid fitting and repair on Thursday, June 27, 2019 1:11 PM
We provide a full range of hearing services, not purely being a hearing aid reseller as are the majority of other hearing centres across Australia today.Some of the services include, Central Auditory Procesing Test. Microsuction earwax removal, Tinnitus Management, Hearing aid fitting and repair and Lyric hearing device.

Air Conditioner Repair Service on Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:43 PM
Repair All is a Dubai based home appliances repair and installation service. We deal in AC, refrigerator, washing machine, dishwasher, gas cooker, electrical works, house/ villa painting at economical rates and provide guaranteed timely services. Call Now 050 946 2462

Cat5e plenum on Friday, June 28, 2019 11:54 AM
Shop Cables for Bulk Ethernet cat5e, cat6 Cat6a Plenum and Riser Ethernet Networking Cable & Accessories.

washing Machine Repair Service on Friday, August 16, 2019 2:47 PM

picbear on Friday, January 10, 2020 2:35 AM
This is remarkable article as well as it is valuable for the entire person and I want to say that I would like to write on this subject too. You have an interesting written of this topic. PLease visit my site picbear see more information.

Gregory Holmes on Wednesday, June 10, 2020 5:51 AM
Everything is so organized on this website, I am just loving it and everything is so helpful. I am working for Carolina Demolition Services company which provides complete demolition services after property damage and during reconstruction. We handle demolition projects after a fire or water damage has occurred and during structural remodels and additions.