How Do I Pick a Homeschool Program?

Happy Sunday afternoon! I thought I'd sent out a small Blog on the difference in homeschooling programs. I have been doing some personal research on different programs, and one of the main points that I keep coming across is what the main curriculum is? If it states that it is the state curriculum, then that pretty much means that the Common Core curriculum will be used for studies. I am finding for example that the K12 homeschooling is this program. If you are one of those parents who are not so fond of the new Common Core math, chances are you should look a bit more and find another program that is more of a traditional one, which includes teaching math as it has been done forever.

A second point that I see again and again, is checking on how the curriculum and teaching is set up? If your child excels in reading and reads at a 6th grade level, but has some trouble in math for example, is the program set up to accommodate these differences? Can he or she move forward at their own speed in subjects that are easier for them? In reverse, can he or she move more slowly, if they need more time on certain lessons? Our children have strong subjects and more challenging subjects, we need to embrace all of them to help our children be the best they can be.

The last point that I see in choosing the correct homeschooling program, is the amount of paperwork that needs to be turned in for the student. For example, I have a student currently who uses the Waldorf Homeschooling, and the mother raves on how little paperwork needs to be turned in and that the program is very adaptable to any schedule.

If you are turning to homeschooling because you feel that your sweetheart is not doing well in public school and needs a different way, then you might want a more structured program.
If you are a parent, in California, or another state that has new laws regarding vaccinations and school, then also, be choosy, look at different programs. The beauty of homeschooling is having your son or daughter learn at a slower pace, and actually understanding the lessons. This is the goal of education, right?
As I have been an educator for many years, I see great value in homeschooling and allowing the student to move forward in their own time. If your sweetheart is one of those who needs some extra TLC, tender loving care, homeschooling can be the ticket.

My plan to help with any students in need of help, is by setting up groups of 4 - 6 students, a few hours a week to help them through the tough points. I will also be doing phone consults on help with curriculum or  if questions pop up.

As I said before, please leave me a comment or subject that you would like to know more about. I can be reached at the bottom of the Blogs, or my email pattcondiotti@hotmail.com.
I would love to hear from you!

Patt Condiotti

9 Comments to How Do I Pick a Homeschool Program?:

tullyfreelibrary.com on Saturday, April 15, 2017 9:31 PM
Patt, how are you? As a reader, I appreciate the homeschool program issue. I have a pleased to read the entirety of the post. I hope the student will find something important through this post. By the way, Can I share your post on social media? Thank you so much and pleased let me know. I am waiting to hear from you.

assignment writing services uk on Monday, September 3, 2018 6:59 AM
The perfect programs on preschool the better and great personal research always, I am using the mrspattstutoring blog frequently. More perfect teaching and increasing more done on certain lessons.

topresume.com review on Monday, November 25, 2019 9:13 AM
I know a family who lives in an RV because they travel across the country throughout the year. Homeschooling solved the problem of school-age children and travelling. There are six children in all, and from what I know they are using a program that requires little paperwork. It works for them because of the number of children that has to be home schooled. The eldest is in the final year of high school and has qualified to enter a big university in the West Coast. Homeschooling works if the parent or the tutor is diligent in the hours that are really spent on studying and submitting the required paperwork. Not everyone fits in a school setting. If the child will thrive studying at home, then it'll work out just fine.

Dissertation Help UK on Monday, February 3, 2020 5:01 AM
If you want to join Homeschool programs do not worry only you have to contact the academic papers, the expert writers will provide you online educational help instantly.

assignment writing services uk on Friday, May 15, 2020 6:30 AM
I enjoy reading through a post that can make people think. Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!

Sissy Squat Machine on Friday, June 19, 2020 12:30 AM
Sissy Squat Machine;bookmarked!!, I really like your site!

best plasma cutter on Friday, June 26, 2020 9:27 AM
https://plasmacutterinsider.com/best-plasma-cutters/;You should be a part of a contest for one of the highest quality sites on the web. I'm going to highly recommend this website!

mahnoor on Sunday, August 9, 2020 12:47 AM
Social Welfare Department, Integrated Child Development Services, Bihar has been created by Anganwadi beneficiaries to help send cash nganwadi Workers (AWWs)/ Anganwadi Helpers to all registered beneficiary's bank account in exchange for food and house-to-house rations through Anganwadi centres.The Citizen of Bihar, Those Children, Pregnant women and other candidates who were going to Anganwadi and having food but due to lockdown, they won’t be able to take food. Now they will get money in their Bank Account by Bihar Government. So Bihar Anganwadi Labharthi can apply Online Application form & App link available on icdsonline.bih.nic.in.

mahnoor on Thursday, August 13, 2020 10:26 PM
By and by, the essayist has shared a great article here. I'll ensure that I share this with my https://altoconvertpdftoexcel.com/faq companions now. They will value the assistance from me, and I like it when they're upbeat.