What is Lecture Mode? Examples of Common Core Math!

What is Lecture Mode? It is a term used in today's education. It is a type of teaching. Lecture Mode is a teacher explaining things to children, assigning homework on the subject, and then offering feedback regarding the student's performance. They say that there is little interaction between them and the teachers. I think we all can agree, learning should be a two way street, so to speak. Teach the students, let them try and make mistakes if they need to, but help them actually understand what they are learning until they feel competent with it. Learning should be fun.

After seeing many of the Common Core books in math, and assignments on line, I can attest to the difficulty of the  problem solving that is needed, even for 3rd and 4th graders. I have a 4th grade granddaughter, and she was doing her math on line with me. The answer was easy, BUT, the middle fill in of the problem was not so easy. Instead of multiplying 30 x 40 and getting 1200, it asked how you could rewrite the hundreds in this problem to help get the answer. So the mid answer turned out to
be 12 x 100, same as 1200 but very confusing.
          This brings me to a point that one of my student parents
brought up. When these children go to get jobs, and when they are asked a math question, will they need to say "Hold On" and do all these steps to get an answer? What boss do you know that wants a future employee to be slow doing simple math problems? Sad to say, but this will be because of the method used to teach them simple math. Please feel free to email me.

Food for thought!

Patt Condiotti
Pattschats
www.mrspattstutoring.net

20 Comments to What is Lecture Mode? Examples of Common Core Math!:

www.tasmactraining.com on Friday, March 10, 2017 7:51 AM
Lecture Mode is a great type of teaching nowadays! It will bring a good result in the end. I appreciate this type of reading. As a teacher, I accept this type of system. Thank you so much for this discussion.

learningtogethereducation on Sunday, March 26, 2017 12:20 AM
fter seeing many of the Common Core books in math, and assignments on line, I can attest to the difficulty of the problem solving that is needed, even for 3rd and 4th graders. I have a 4th grade granddaughter.

dissertation writing service review on Saturday, January 12, 2019 2:33 AM
Here is some examples of core math. Which is be related with the previous work. I know some students are just missed their previous work now that is the reason i share this data again that they can easily take help from it.

free v bucks hack on Sunday, April 14, 2019 11:25 PM
its never been easier getting an unlimited amount of v bucks so no more wondering how to get fortnite free v bucks or where to get the latest fortnite hacks for Xbox one,

cheap proofreading service on Saturday, May 4, 2019 12:14 AM
Interesting but do you really think that math questions are asked on the interview?

buy apa research paper on Tuesday, June 4, 2019 2:59 AM
I like the idea of letting the students make mistakes. So, they will learn from it by themselves.

art essay topics on Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:30 AM
I am a working student with so busy schedule. That's why I don't have enough time for soind writing assinments. The biggers troubles I have is Core Math. Your ideas here are very interesting.

Marvelous UK Spelling on Friday, July 12, 2019 7:48 AM
Do you specialized only on Math or other subjects? I will write you, if it's true.

buying a dissertation hypothesis on Wednesday, August 21, 2019 12:08 AM
Great post, I found your information being very interesting, I'll note some tips for the future

literature review service on Thursday, September 19, 2019 6:24 AM
It's hard to pronounce one thousand two hundreds, much easier will be twelve hundreds

writing a hypothesis on Tuesday, October 22, 2019 12:38 AM
I hadn't heard about this for awhile but last year I found out that The Common Core State Standards for Mathematical Practice were designed to reform the American education system, with three main goals: Provide graduating high school students with the skills they need to be successful either in the workforce or in post-secondary education Boost math test scores for all American students Smooth out the differences between individual state curriculums and practices

Lisa Taylor on Tuesday, November 5, 2019 11:39 PM
Thank you for the lecture on the lecture. Speak very correct thoughts for teachers and students. The main thing is that students have time to do everything.Great blog design. I like to follow your creative ideas in blogging. If you are looking for high-quality text on any topic, we https://breakingnewgrounds.org/ will help you at any time of the day quickly and efficiently. Keep delighting us with new posts!

how to write an abstract for a dissertation on Thursday, November 21, 2019 12:24 AM
It takes great effort to express oneself in a brief, understandable, and logical way.

dissertation methodology help services on Thursday, January 2, 2020 6:19 AM
Your approach seems to find feedback in the hearts of many children and teachers too. Keep it going and good luck with it!

Useless Websites on Thursday, February 6, 2020 10:23 PM
What is Lecture Mode? Examples of Common Core Math! Useless Websites

dissertation literature review on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 1:01 AM
I must say that there is nothing awkward about making mistakes. That is a way of learning. We should not forget about the importance of interaction between you and the teachers.

23 is back on Monday, March 16, 2020 1:59 AM
23 is back https://23is-back.com/ 23 is back

small tattoos on Sunday, March 29, 2020 11:16 PM
small tattoos https://inksmalltattoos.com/ small tattoos

pocket watch on Thursday, July 9, 2020 10:46 PM

harry on Friday, August 14, 2020 5:39 AM
Website: https://www.leatherjacketblack.com/product/tallahassee-zombieland-double-tap-jacket/ Keyword: Woody Harrelson Zombieland Double Tap Cotton Jacket Thye simply give indications of progress and better with their locales, their web diaries are under assessed. WoodyHarrelsonZombielandDoubleTapCottonJacket I do not accept any other goals on the Internet because I believe in William jackets. Love my new Woody Harrelson Zombieland Double Tap Cotton Jacket.